Happy New Year! I finally did some sewing for me! I made a sample just to make sure so I didn’t add pockets or hardware to it but I really like the simplicity of it. It’s a keeper. I needed a bag that would fit my iPad and other essentials for me to take to church. My other bag was a little too small. I was also wanting to test out some new interfacing to reduce the bulk to see if it would still stand on it’s own and have some body. I’ve been hoarding cork fabric for a long time so since I have so much of it I thought it would be fitting to pair cork and canvas together.
The cork and canvas went through my machine just fine. I didn’t have any issues. I also did a narrower topstitching than usual and I really like it. The pairing of cork and canvas worked out really well. I love the look and feel of the materials.