Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas Napkins


How was your Christmas? I hope you were able to spend time with those you love. We had a quiet day. Hubby and I stayed up till early morning to finish baking and wrapping gifts. I also was able to squeeze in some sewing. I’ve been trying to make reusable items for our home. I whipped up these napkins to go with Christmas dinner. 

I had these fabrics laying around since last year. The Christmas fabric is flannel and the lining I used cotton. I washed them all the night before so they were ready to go. These were an absolutely quick sew project. If you don’t have flannel you can always use cotton. I like two layers for absorbency and I like the weight with the double layer of fabric. I chose to sew these then turn them right side out but you can also serged the edges and skip the turning and top stitching. 



I also realized that we needed new Santa hats. I went to the store and bought some Sherpa and no-pill fleece to ship up some hats. I was aiming for fur for the band but there was no white fur in sight so Sherpa was a good choice. I measured my husband’s head and dusted off my serger to work on these. the Sherpa was so thick my poor serger had a hard time but it worked out great. the seams are nicely finished inside. I took the easy way out and cut off the pom poms from the old hats to use since I could not locate my polyester filling. It worked out really well and Santa was very happy with his new hat.  


If you would like tutorials for these I’d be happy to create them for you. Leave me a comment and I’ll get it done. If you don’t see a reply from me, please accept my apologies, some comments come through for me to reply and some don’t. I don’t know why. I’ll figure it out. It’s been a long time since I’ve blogged and things seem to have changed a bit.

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

The napkins are so pretty and your hat turned out cute. I don't always get a notification when folks leave me a comment, either. Blogger is not so user-friendly any more. HOpe you are having a great week between Christmas and New Year's.