Thursday, February 1, 2018

Hometown Mini Quilt

Happy Monday! I decided to join in this month's Minis and More Parade with Sherri and Michelle. This month's pattern is from A Quilting Life called Hometown. I love making star blocks and this was really quick to put together.

I decided to go for somewhat of a scrappy look so I chose all different fabrics for the star blocks. I was able to use a majority of the fabrics from the Creekside collection that  I had leftover from my tote project last year. I substituted a fabric from another Moda collection for the quarter triangle pieces and binding, but it worked out really well because the colors match perfectly.


I decided to make it easy and just quilted straight lines. The lines are about 3/4" apart. Check out more Hometown mini quilts on Sherri's blog in a few days.


A word about YouTube and their new rules being implemented shortly. I've done videos here and there but took a break for school, but now YouTube has decided to change the rules and people like me will be affected by it. I would love it if you could subscribe to my channel. I will be posting sewing, crafting and cardmaking projects as time permits. Here's the link to my channel:


Linking to:



5 comments:

Jeanna said...

That is such a cute mini quilt, Kim. I love straight line quilting in one direction.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very sweet Kim! I love stars too. :-)

Carol Swift said...

This is lovely! Straight line quilting looks great on it.

Vicki in MN said...

Adorable little quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nicely done!!