Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Hope Chest Pillow

I made a pillow to practice my free motion quilting and to use up some fabrics that have been in my stash for quite a long time. I love this Hope Chest block from A Quilting Life. I decided that a pillow is small enough for me to practice and I can complete the project in a short amount of time.



I decided on an orange peel design for my quilting pattern. I hope I've said the correct name for the quilting. I pieced together some large scraps of batting and sprayed the back of the quilt block to lay the batting onto before I started quilting. It was small so pinning wasn't really necessary but I wanted to keep the three layers from shifting as I quilt. You can purchase the Hope Chest pattern from A Quilting Life here.


Linking to:

3 comments:

Anthea said...

Those colours look great together Kim, and your quilting looks so neat & suits your pillow so well! Love it!

Jeanna said...

This is a pretty pillow, Kim. I love the fabrics you selected, they make a nice combination and the quilting is great for this design.

Louise said...

That's definitely the Orange Peel design, and it looks great on your pillow! Gives it a very nice texture :)