Saturday, January 2, 2010

CGQC January Goals

I hope your New Year got off to a great start. We went out to eat New Year's Eve, then hung out at home eating and playing games.
I was able to join the Charming Girls Quilt Club a couple of months ago. This is the first month that I have actually been able to set my goals to complete some of my quilting projects since it was kind of hectic over the holidays.
I put these quilts together really quick to use up some fabrics so the blocks are really simple. I did finish the quilting on the flannel quilt.
First of all I would like to finish binding the flannel quilt.
Second are the two quilts on top of the flannel quilt. They need to be quilted and bound.
I think that's enough for this month. Hopefully I will be able to get them done so I can get some more UFOs done.

Remember my fabric organizing task? It's almost done. I've sorted them by color and size plus the Christmas fabrics have their own piles so I can start on the bed quilts hubby has requested for next Christmas. I really need to find a bookshelf or something to put them on so I can see what I have instead of placing them back in the cabinets in the garage. They will not get used up if they end up back there again.
Ok, that's it for now. Enjoy your day:) ~Kim

7 comments:

joan said...

Wow! what a fabulous task you have on your hands.. way to go!
Looking forward to seeing all your January projects done!
Happy sewing!
joan

Suburban Stitcher said...

Oh, goodness, you'll be very busy with binding and quilting this month! I love the colors in all of those quilts and can't wait to see how you finish them off.

Dandelion Quilts said...

Look at all of that fabric...I guess you did have some stash to sort. Looks like it is getting very orderly. And, I cannot believe you already whipped up a couple of quilts. :) Keep it up.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Very cute quilts -- I can't wait to see them all finished up. Way to go on organizing -- maybe you could come to my house and get me organized (LOL)! So glad to have you joining us this month!

Anonymous said...

What fun looking stash to lovingly organize. I always find myself distracted when going through fabrics again...all those memories of why I bought it in the first place come back of future quilts!

Strlady said...

Putting away the stash would have been my sole goal with a loot like yours! I put mine in large bins by color. I like that I can stack them up and reduce the space the fabric takes in my house. Good luck on your January Goals!

Shakerwood said...

Isn't it nice to see all the fabric up nice and neat? Sometimes it seems a shame to have to mess it up to find fabric!