Thursday, November 8, 2018

Layered Cake Custard Quilt Along

Hello! It's been a while since I've been able to post on here. It's been busier than usual, but a good busy. Today I am sharing this beautiful quilt called Layered Cake Custard form the Fat Quarter Shop. This pattern is a part of Fat Quarter Shop's Shortcut Quilt series. This was super easy and quick to put together.


It is a nice twin size and only takes one layer cake and some extra yardage for the frame, backing and binding. I didn't complete mine because I wanted to make it into a bed size quilt at a later time. The fabrics I chose was from Flamingo Toes for Riley Blake Designs. I chose the fabrics because it's so nice and cheery. You can get this free pattern over at the Fat Quarter Shop blog. There is also a video tutorial to go along with the pattern. 
Be sure to check out all the participants on this hop. You'll find lots of inspirations.


2 comments:

Louise said...

I really like your version of this quilt! Very cute :)

Rudellswife@google.com said...

Of all of the examples shown I like yours the best by far. The bright cheery fabric colors and patterns just make this quilt. You did great work too! I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful quilt