Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sewing Olympics Finish

I am sew happy I was able to use up some fabrics in my stash for Benartex's Sewing Olympics. These prints are from their retired collection called The Garden Party. Each day for 5 days there was a new block to work on. 


The finished quilt was small enough that I was able to squeeze in some time to work on it. Yesterday I quilted it then decided that I will forgo the hand binding for machine binding. I only have a tiny amount of scraps left from these fabrics so I think I will whip up a small accessory of some sort.


Here's a better photo of the quilting. I am a bit rusty with machine quilting, but I love how the swirls turned out.


In order to use up fabrics, I pieced the backing with the leftover fabrics. This is the close-up of the binding. I love my Bernina walking foot. It makes things easier when I need to keep all the layers from shifting.


Linking to:







2 comments:

Jeanna said...

Such a cute piece, Kim. I love the quilting you did on it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a sweet finish. Congrats!!