Monday, June 11, 2012

Gifts

This past Sat. was my friend's daughter's birthday. I called and asked what she would like.  She just had her ears pierced so she asked for  earrings. She also likes blue and pink so I pulled out my jewelrymaking supplies and made these two sets of earrings for her. I made these earrings using sterling silver, freshwater pearls and glass beads. 

These pink earrings were fine until I took the pictures. I noticed the small beads at the bottom of the hearts were not the same colors. I tried to convince myself it would be ok. 


I didn't do a very good job convincing myself to leave it alone, so I cut it up and fixed it. I am much happier now :-)


The second pair of earrings I made were these. Michael's had these round beads that you could add another bead in the center so sticking to the blue theme, I added a large blue bead in the center.


I pulled out an old tin box that I've been keeping forever to re-cycle. I cut up some patterned paper and glued it to the top and the inside to cover up some writings that came with the tin. I then took some thin poly batting scraps and glued a few layers to the bottom. I cut up a couple of cardstocks to hold the earrings, stuck the earrings into the batting so it would stay put then wrapped it with a a ribbon and the gift box is ready to go.




2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty earrings Kim! Love the little pink hearts!

Joyce Carter said...

Love these earrings, Kim! They are sooo pretty. I bet someone REALLY loved them.