Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday Night Sew In Results

I finished the projects I set out to do when I signed up for the FNSI. I was hoping to take a picture of it outside this morning but it's raining so indoors will have to do. Sorry about the pictures of the backs of these projects. I just can't show you the front but the backs still look really pretty.


This is a book cover I made using Joel Dewberry's Heirloom fabrics. I love the combination of orange and green. 



What's a book cover without a bag to match? I think these are going to be my new favorite color combo. I was scouring my local discounts shop to find a mannequin to use for taking photos and finally found one. Now it's so much easier to take photos of my bags.


Check out Crafty Vegas Mom's blog so you can check out what all the ladies made for FNSI.


I am also linking this to Sew & Tell Fridays over at Amy's blog.





17 comments:

Rhonda said...

Cool projects. I love the colors, especially the large orange flowers!!!

barb's creations said...

Love the colours of the bag and journal cover,very striking :) Barb.

Just Sew Sue said...

Gorgeous colours and orange is going to be big in 2012.

Just Sew Sue said...

Gorgeous fabric.

Vicki said...

Popping in from FNSI. It's always nice achieving what you planned to. Love the fabric.

The Thompsons said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the bag.

Teresa said...

I love the bag! You are so right on with your style - Tangerine Tango is supposed to be the colour of the year 2012. I can't wait to use some.

OliveStreetStudio said...

GREAT fabric and two completions - you rock!

Dandelion Quilts said...

pretty projects!!!!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Love your projects, Kim! Gorgeous fabric, too. :o)

amylouwhosews said...

I love these! Thanks for linking up.

I have this fabric earmarked for a tunic top - I hope it looks as fabulous in that as it does here!

Michelle (LemonadeGal) said...

Beautiful finishes, Kim! That fabric is beautiful -- some of my favorite colors.

~Michelle (LemonadeGal)

Anonymous said...

Pretty projects, love the fabric. My favorite colors to sew with.

Dayna said...

These are beautiful! I love the colors, too!

tink's mom said...

The bag is great as is the book cover, but the idea for the maniquin is stellar.

Linda in Arkansas said...

I just have the book cover and the bag to match is just too cool. And I really love that bag. The fabric is wonderful.

UKMUMINUSA said...

The bag and book cover (do you have a pattern for the book cover) are lovely, I just made 2 bags with the same Joel Dewberry fabric, you can see them on my blog, TFS.