Saturday, January 23, 2010

CGQC Valentine Sewing Party

I chose these quilts for Friday's Sew 'n Tell over at amylouwho's blog this week. Amy hosts a sew and tell every Friday. We are to share what we did during the week.

Update: Insane Hours:D

I had a great time sewing and visiting everyone's blog today. I originally planned to make two more runners for my cabinets but my poor diningroom table looked so empty so I needed to do something about that. I had to stay up to finish this table topper. I wanted to get the top done so I can get it quilted Monday and use it. I used the Moda L'Amour charm pack to make the blocks. I added one fat quarter of the solid red fabric from my stash for the border. I was determined to use it as much as I can from the pack so my scraps don't pile up and believe me there's not much leftover:) At first I thought it looked too busy, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. I am going to call this quilt "Sweet Love". Trying to get into the habit of naming my quilts.
Have a GREAT Sunday! Hope we can do this again soon.


Update 1:36 pm/pst:

I can't believe I finished one runner. I wanted to make it versatile so it's not just for Valentine's Day. It's a simple log cabin, but I even have the quilting done and put the binding on. I'm so glad Kelly held this sewing party, it's so much fun to actually finish something in one day. This runner is from the fabrics I didn't take a picture of yesterday. These were fq bundles from Red Rooster's Jezebel line. I love these prints. I think the LQS threw in the pink marble fq. I received for Christmas Here's some pictures of the fabrics, block and finished runner. I will sit down and sew on the back of the binding this evening when I watch tv. Right now, I am famished, haven't eaten all day, too busy sewing:) I'll be back later. Happy Quilting:D


I am participating in a Valentine Sewing Party that Kelly is hosting today. It's going to be sew much fun to quilt with the Charming Girls today! I drew up a couple of patterns so I would have an idea on what I would like to work on and have cut some of the fabrics. My goal is to make 3 small runners for my cabinets and hopefully a small wallhanging. These are some of the fabrics I will be using. I took this picture before I decided to add some more fabrics.

41 comments:

Joan said...

Welcome to the party....This is sew much fun!

joan said...

Fun Fun Fun day!
happy quilting!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Can't wait to see your project. LOVE your fabric.

Luv 2 Kreate said...

Very pretty fabrics!

Cindy said...

Hi Kim,
Cindy here - checking in to say Happy Sewing Day with the girls.

Just popping in here and there throughout the day to say hello while I get a snack.

Unknown said...

I love the fabrics you chose, I cant wait to see what you make....Have fun! melinda

Kim said...

Will be back to see what you added and how the sewing is coming along. Enjoy! :-D

Michelle said...

Party on! I can't wait to see your runners! I need a snack...LOL!

Mary Anne Drury said...

Can't wait to see !!! Great fabrics!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How fun! Your fabric choices are great! :-)

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Love your fabric -- can't wait to see an update!

CJ said...

Great log cabin blocks!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh, I like that pattern...turned out great.

Jonathan said...

Really pretty! Great job!

Kim D. said...

Very pretty table runner. I'm not participating today, but thought I would visit and check out all the eye candy.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I love your fabric selection for your table runner! Classy!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Can't wait to see the next two.

Carolyn said...

Beautiful fabrics...what a pretty table runner!

Polly said...

Very pretty runner! love the fabrics! Comee see my project! Polly :-) http://auntpollysporch.blogspot.com/2010/01/voila-madeline-is-done.html

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Guess the party is about over for most--love your fabric picks and the tablerunner is great looking--will check back to see more tomorrow--or??
Hugs, Di&co

Cindy said...

Who doesn't love a log cabin? These are sure pretty ones.

And I see those charms I LOVE!!

Karen said...

I hope your sewing day has been a good one! I have enjoyed participating in the Valentine Sewing Party and getting to meet some new people!

SewCalGal said...

Kim,
I love your table runner. Fun fabrics, colors & design. And you completed it at the Valentine Party! Good for you.
Sorry we didn't get much of a chance to chat today, but I'm happy to have you at this sew-cial. I had a wonderful time and hope you did too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Moneik said...

Very pretty!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Your "Sweet Love" is so cute and you did a great job using up all of scraps!

I had a great time at the "party" and I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

VERY CUTE Kim! Love the fabric and pattern - great name, too! Thanks for joining us in the fun - we'll have another party soon!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I love it...not too busy at all, and I LOVE the name :)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Love love love your tablerunners! I especially like the square one :^)

dawnmercedes said...

super awesome. I really want to figure out how to start a quilt or table runner...and get motivated!

♥Jennette♥ said...

Beautiful fabrics!

Karen said...

I really like your table runner. Great job.

Leslie said...

i love the runner...the colors and the way you laid out the blocks....beautiful

Kim said...

Your projects turned out nicely - love the pinwheel effect in Sweet Love. Nice fabric placement!

Kimberly Tripp said...

beautiful!! I love the jezebel fabrics. Good for you finishing the whole runner... always helps me to have motivation!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

It looks great, Kim; I'm impressed how much work you got done!

Day before Michelle said...

Great Fabrics, Love the blocks!

Nina... said...

Beautiful work. I love the placement of the colored squares on the runner, just beautiful!!

QuiltyBee said...

Nice use of the charms--I like the 1/4 square blocks. And the log cabins. You got a lot accomplished.

Kristen said...

I'm truly in love with all this Valentine's fabric! I love those pinwheels. It isn't too busy at all.

pinksuedeshoe said...

goodness you are talented, I LOVE the Valentines mini. You can never go wrong with pink in anything. I just love it.

Rene' said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Love your projects. Thanks for sharing.