Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sally Tote

 I bought this pretty vinyl fabric a while ago and since my crossbody bag got busted from too much weight last month I needed to make myself another one. This vinyl is a little different than what I’m used to. I decided to use foam and boy it was stiff. I really could have just used decovil light and it would have been sufficiently stabilized, next time. 


I also added a zippered closure and pockets for better organization. I used waterproof canvas to line the bag. I didn’t apply any interfacing to it since waterproof canvas is pretty stable on it’s own. 

I really love topstitching with a contrasting thread instead of black on the black cork. I’m so happy to finally have another bag to use. There’s no pattern for this. I self-drafted it. 



No comments: